What a week. We always look forward to the Food Show, but this year's event seemed to carry some additional energy and excitement. To all of our customers and vendors that made attending a priority, THANK YOU! The discussions and connections that were made at this year's show remind us of why we're in the food industry.
If you weren't able to make it this year, here are some of the highlights:
- We introduced close to 180 NEW products. One of the trademarks of our show is getting our newest items in front of customers so they can sample and make an informed decision on whether to carry a product.
- Probably the biggest buzz of the show was created by the introduction of our Walnut Creek Fry Pies. This item is made in Holmes County at our bakery and will be initially available in four flavors (cherry, apple, blueberry, and peach).
- Over 2,500 items were available for purchase at the show. Not only is our Food Show about learning and networking, it's a buying show where we offer the year's best pricing on items (market conditions may affect pricing of certain items).
- The seminars were very popular! Mark Coblentz (President & Founder) presented on Encouragement, and Dennis Schlabach (Store Manager) presented on Loss Prevention. We appreciate your feedback regarding the value of these seminars, and hope to expand on the educational nature of our Food Show for next year.
- We moved to a new location, the Mt. Hope Event Center in Mt. Hope, OH. This venue turned out to be an exciting change for us. With the facility being located in Holmes County, it provided easier access for our employees and for show attendees staying at local hotels.
Stay tuned for information regarding next year's show, and thanks for your continued support of Walnut Creek Foods.